Morpheus Hair Removal
The Morpheus laser is a revolutionary fractional laser system that has three types of energy to rejuvenate the skin: infrared heat, bipolar radiofrequency, and ultrasound energy. This multi-faceted approach provides the most effective results, as all of our treatments stimulate collagen production, which improves the elasticity of the skin and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Additionally, the system can be customized to address your specific skincare needs, which makes it a great choice for patients who want to tackle multiple concerns at once.
Morpheus Pre And Post Care Instructions
One week before the treatment
- Stop using NSAIDs like aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen, which prevent normal blood clotting.
- You are allowed a daily maximum of 3000 mg of acetaminophen (Tylenol) for pain if needed.
Three days before the procedure:
- Stop using any topical medications or treatments that include irritants or actives. This includes scrubs, retinol (Vitamin A), vitamin C (in a low pH formulation), and alpha- and beta-hydroxy acids.
- Avoid procedures like laser and microdermabrasion.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure.
- Take a normal shower, but refrain from applying lotion, powder, oils, or other cosmetics to the treatment areas.
- If the face or neck is being treated, cleanse the area. Also, bring a hairband to hold your hair back if you have long hair.
What can be expected?
- Immediately following treatment, you will seem and feel as though you have a mild sunburn with heated and tighter skin.
- For 3–7 days following treatment, the skin may crust and peel.
- Redness and swelling may be experienced for 3–4 days.
- CLEAN - Wash your face with lukewarm water and a calming cleanser.
- HYDRATE - Until the skin heals, use a light moisturizer or healing ointment to the treated area.
- MAKEUP - Can be used two days following the procedure.
- PROTECT - For the first 24 hours following the treatment, you should always use a broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with an SPF of 30. You should use physical sunscreen and avoid using chemical sunscreens.
What to avoid:
Make sure you follow these guidelines to guarantee proper healing:
- Avoid using any Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acids, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in a low pH formulation), or anything else containing actives for at least 48 hours after treatment.
- For at least 24 hours, stay out of direct sun exposure.
- Wait at least 24 hours before going swimming.
- For the first 24 hours following therapy, refrain from intense activities or exercise.