Morpheus 8 is a non-invasive treatment that combines microneedling, radiofrequency, and fractional technology. The treatment penetrates deep into the skin to stimulate collagen production for overall skin rejuvenation. The tiny needles create microchannels in the skin, which allows for better absorption of skincare products. The radiofrequency energy heats up the tissues beneath the surface layer of your skin, promoting collagen and elastin production. This results in tighter, smoother, and more youthful-looking skin. Fractional technology allows for precise targeting of specific areas on your face or body. It delivers energy to these areas without damaging surrounding tissue leaving you with little downtime.
Pre and Post care instructions of Morpheus 8
One week prior to the treatment
- Avoid sun exposure
- Do not use any products containing retinoids or acids on your face. These products can increase skin sensitivity and reduce the effectiveness of the treatment.
- Stop using blood thinners such as aspirin or ibuprofen for at least a week prior to the procedure.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water in order to keep your skin well-hydrated and healthy.
- Take supplements like vitamin C which can help boost collagen production in your body.
Three days prior to the treatment
- Avoid any skincare products that contain retinoids or acids, as they can make the skin more sensitive and increase the risk of adverse reactions during the treatment.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water before your appointment.
- Refrain from consuming alcohol or using tobacco products for at least three days before the procedure.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and use sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher when going out in daylight.
On the day of the treatment
- Shower as usual.
- Do not apply any makeup or facial products on the treated area. This will ensure that the Morpheus 8 device can penetrate deeply into the skin without any interference.
- If you have long hair, pull it back using a headband.
What can be expected?
- After undergoing Morpheus 8 treatment, patients usually experience mild redness and swelling in the treated areas.
- Patients may also feel slight discomfort during the procedure due to the use of needles for microneedling. However, this can be easily tolerated with topical anesthesia or numbing cream applied on the skin prior to treatment.
- You may experience skin crusting and peel for 3-7 days after the treatment.
- Patients can resume their normal activities immediately after treatment but should avoid direct sun exposure and excessive sweating for a few days following their appointment.
Post-care instructions of Morpheus 8
- Clean: It is important to gently cleanse the treated area with a mild cleanser and water twice daily using your fingertips. Avoid using hot water or harsh scrubs as they may irritate the skin.
- Hydrate: Moisturize the treated area with a gentle moisturizer after cleansing to keep the skin hydrated and prevent dryness. The use of a non-comedogenic formulation is recommended.
- Makeup: Avoid applying heavy makeup for at least two days after treatment.
- Protect: To protect your skin from further damage, apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher every day, even if you're not planning on being in direct sunlight for extended periods of time. This will help prevent premature aging of your skin caused by harmful UV rays.
What to avoid:
To ensure proper healing after Morpheus 8, there are certain things that you should avoid.
- Excessive sun exposure: It's important to limit your time in the sun and wear protective clothing when outside. Sunburn can cause additional damage to your skin, which can hinder the healing process.
- Harsh skincare products: Avoid using harsh or abrasive skincare products on the treated area for at least a week after your procedure. This includes exfoliating scrubs, chemical peels, and retinol-based creams.
- Touching or picking at the treatment site: Resist the urge to touch or pick at any scabs that may form on the treated area. Doing so can slow down healing and increase your risk of infection.
- Strenuous exercise: While it's okay to resume light activity soon after Morpheus 8, avoid any strenuous exercise for at least a week. Activities like weightlifting or running may cause increased swelling and discomfort as well as delay recovery.
- Alcohol consumption: Drinking alcohol post-treatment may cause dehydration which will ultimately affect healing.
Following these simple steps can greatly contribute towards achieving optimal results from your Morpheus 8 treatment! To learn more or schedule your appointment, call Iconic Skin Clinic at (714) 225-5137. You may also visit our La Mirada dental office at 15651 Imperial Hwy Suite 102, La Mirada, CA 90638, or Placentia dental office at 1041 East Yorba Linda Blvd. Suite 101 Placentia, CA 92870.